Wine making is a fun and fulfilling hobby that can bring pleasure to yourself and your friends when you enjoy the fruits of your labor. In order to have a really good wine tasting party, you need to have a few accessories. These accessories can make an average wine tasting turn classy for all of those that are involved. Some are must-haves and others are simply going to make the wine drinking experience much more upscale.
Must Have Accessories
The following items are must-have wine making accessories for any wine maker. While you can do without them, if you plan on making many different bottles of wine, you should have some. These are going to work to your benefit and that of your wine.
• Wine Racks – Wine racks are very important especially if you are making a sparkling wine that needs to be turned a quarter every so often during the fermenting process. Those who are making many different types of wine may also want to have a nice sized wine rack that they can sort out each batch in.
• Bottle Tags – These are great for marking the bottles so you know when each batch was made. They can be dated with the time they can be drank or the date that they were started. Purchase them in different colors to color code your different wine types.
• Decorative Bottle Labels – If you are planning on giving away your wines to friends on special occasions, then you may want to use your computer to create your own decorative bottle label. There are many companies who offer these labels or you can find a label that is the right size at your local office supply store.
• Wine Glasses – There are many fun styles of wine glasses that are unique and can bring an exotic look to any table. There are many places to find fun wine glasses online. Those one a budget can check their local thrift stores for different looking wine glasses.
• Decorative Stoppers – These are going to be used in place of corks in the wine bottles. Cork is going out because the trees that produce it have been over harvested. Using these decorative corks is a great way to stopper the bottles that are being given away.
• Decanter and Funnel – Anytime you are racking your wine or decanting it, you are going to be moving it from one bottle to another. Using a funnel with a screen or a decanter with a screen is the best way to ensure that no sediments are going into the decanted or racked bottle of wine.
There you have it- a nice breakdown of items you want to have for wine making at home. With these accessories and tools, you can get the most from your experiences with wine-making and also with how you choose to share it with others.